Please note: All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.
Whom may apply
Financial aid may be available to anyone wishing to participate in the C. Thomas Clagett, Jr. Memorial Clinic and Regatta but who cannot afford the cost. Both full and partial financial awards are made. Up to $500 per person but not more than $1000 per boat. Preference is given to applicants whom have not received a reward before.
The purpose of scholarship monies awarded through the C. Thomas Clagett Jr. Paralympic class Clinic and Regatta is to assist sailors with disabilities who express the desire to develop and improve their racing skills in Paralympic class boats.
Scholarships are limited, based on financial need, and are awarded using the following guidelines:
- Monies are reimbursable for travel and housing only;
- Sailor(s) must participate in the pre-regatta clinic and the regatta;
- Sailor(s) who have not attended the clinic/regatta in previous years take precedence/priority;
- Sailor(s) must write in the designated form field below 250 words or less to the Scholarship Committee expressing their need and desire for a scholarship, their level of sailing, what they expect from participating in the clinic/regatta, and what they will give back to the clinic/regatta;
- Monies are given to sailors on a first-come, first-serve basis in addition to being based on the 250 words or less form field of their desire and financial need.
C. Thomas Clagett, Jr. Memorial Clinic and Regatta - Newport, RI
Applications must be submitted as soon as possible, no later than May 12. Requests will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee and awards will be made on or before May 19. This will enable those who do not qualify for scholarship monies to make other arrangements to attend the clinic/regatta before late fee registration begins.
Clagett/Oakcliff Match Racing Clinic and Regatta - Oyster Bay, NYApplications must
be submitted as soon as possible, no later than August 4. Requests will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee and awards will be made on or before August 14. This will enable those who do not qualify for scholarship monies to make other arrangements to attend the clinic/regatta before late fee registration begins.
To apply online, please fill out the form below.